Saturday, October 18, 2014

Happy Book Birthday!

Available HERE
Yesterday my 1st romantic suspense with paranormal elements arrived on the virtual bookshelves. I’m both a little excited and nervous. I’m excited because it’s the beginning of a new series for me. And I finally get to share a story that’s been wavering in my head for over a decade. Plus, of course, I love sharing my stories with readers.
I’m a little nervous, too, though for a very different reason. I’ve had connected stories before, but they didn’t have to be read in order. Plus, the only things they had in common were the people and places. Wake Me is my 1st venture into a connected series where the stories need to be read in order in order to “get it” all. In the Hidden Destiny series, each book will have a character with a special ability and they will be interacting with others like them within the community introduced in Wake Me . There are some other connected details about the series, but I’m not telling!
I look forward to the challenges the new series will bring me and I’m excited to see what the characters and I can create. I hope you enjoy Wake Me and I hope you’ll be excited to read the rest of the series when they come out!

Blurb:
Her psychic dreams come true.
Sarah McKinley’s attempts to take her foreknowledge of crimes to the Seattle Police Department marked her as a troublemaker and were never taken seriously. Starting over in Austin, she plans never to reveal her gift, but shortly after she arrives, the dreams begin again, and the local police want to know why she has knowledge only the killer could possess.
Detective Jesse Cordell watched his mother con people with her “psychic ability” all through his childhood. He hones in on Sarah, who has means, motive, and opportunity to have murdered the victim in his current investigation. Instinct tells him she didn’t commit the crime, but she definitely knows more than she’s letting on.
Can he put aside his doubts and join forces with her, against everything he believes in, to find the real killer? Or will he do his job and put her behind bars? After all, there’s no such thing as the “psychic ability.” Or is there? 

Bio:
Alexa Bourne is a teacher by day and a romance writer by nights, weekends, and all school holidays. She also teaches online classes for writers throughout the year. She writes romantic suspense and contemporary romance and is thrilled to have the chance to share her stories with readers everywhere.
When she’s not concocting sinister plots and steamy love scenes or traveling and exploring new cultures, Alexa spends her time reading, watching brainless TV, and thinking about exercising. Okay, she also spends way too much time interacting with readers and writers on social media sites. But don’t tell her editors! Find out more about her and her books on her website, www.alexabourne.com.

Social Media:
Goodreads ||  Facebook || Twitter ||Website || Blog || Email

3 comments:

Teri Riggs said...

This was an awesome read! You don't want to miss this one.

Jan Hougland said...

I can well understand why some folks would think, like Jesse, that the psychic abilities claimed by some folk are a scam or con. But I believe that in some cases it is very, very real and true. Why else would there be so many accounts of "second sight" and "the sight" and "dreams come true"? I say that where there's smoke, there's also fire. Thanks for the post. jdh2690@gmail.com

bn100 said...

Interesting premise

bn100candg at hotmail dot com