Friday, April 17, 2015

Wolf on a Leash

 by Virginia Nelson

Halloween may be over, but if you’re anything like me, that doesn’t mean that your craving for something magical has abated in the least. I’m a huge addict of two supernaturally spiked shows this season and my whole week is often framed around my fangirling over those two shows.
For one, I’m a huge Walking Dead fan. I love me some zombie carnage and more importantly, I’m fascinated to watch the characters as the seasons go by to see how they grow and change. I mean, lots of shows and movies show us a post-apocalyptic world, but few manage in the way of the Walking Dead to show how living in a constantly stressful world, of watching everyone you know and everything you know fall away…
Carol for instance? A girl I go to school with and I were just talking after class about Carol. I identify with her more than any character on that show. Some say she’s gone batty, completely flipped her lid, but I don’t think so. She started out the zombie apocalypse as a mother, tied into an abusive relationship because she was a mother and she had a child to care for. We see her lose the husband and be the only thing standing between her child and death and, by this season? She’s lost her child. She’s lost her world. She has nothing left to lose, so yes…she’ll make the tough calls. She’s got nothing left to lose, so she’s not afraid. Having been at a point in my life before when I had nothing to lose? I have to say I get where she’s coming from.
I also adore with a sick addiction I can’t even begin to put into words the show, Once Upon A Time. The blending of magical with reality…of someone trying to make sense of the fact she’s little more than a Disney princess when her whole life has sucked? Fascinating.
I think that’s why I love the paranormal genre. We get that little bit of magic that only those kind of shows and books can offer alongside the gritty reality and character development we see around us and feel every single day.
I have a new paranormal story coming soon from Decadent. It will be part of the Black Hills Wolves series, but I twisted in a few elements of BDSM (my main characters are members of a dungeon and that’s where they meet) and it was, as always, fun for me to find my very own way to weave magic with reality.
What is your favorite magical television show? Oh-oh, and even more important…witches, wolves or vamps?

Wolf on a Leash blurb:
Longtime submissive, Patch Williams, never quite finds the release she seeks. When a new Dom comes to town, offering play she’s never tried before, it’s a battle to give into the pleasure he offers while keeping her wolf nature a secret.
Home from overseas service, Kennedy Laurie realizes a few things about himself—he only gets off when a little sadism is involved, and he’s terrified of going too far, getting lost in the play. Patch might be just the submissive he’s been dreaming of.

Patch recognizes the call to mate…but with an out-of-towner? Her body demands for her to submit, to tell him everything, but can her Dom tame the Wolf on a Leash?


Virginia Nelson believed them when they said, “Write what you know.” Small town girl writing small town romance, her characters are as full of flaws, misunderstandings, and flat out mistakes as Virginia herself. When she’s not writing or plotting to take over the world, she likes to hang out with the greatest kids in history, play in the mud, drive far too fast, and scream at inanimate objects. Virginia likes knights in rusted and dinged up armor, heroes that snarl instead of croon, and heroines who can’t remember to say the right thing even with an author writing their dialogue. Her books are full of snark, sex, and random acts of ineptitude—not always in that order.

You can connect with Virginia on multiple social networks:



No comments: